A new air conditioning system may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about how to save money, but it can be one of the easiest ways to do so.
The cost of a new AC unit is significantly higher than the cost of having it repaired, but repairing an AC unit is also a much more difficult process, with many more expensive parts involved. There are also various tax credits and rebates available for those who want to upgrade their air conditioner, making this option even more affordable.
The energy efficiency of a newer air conditioning system will help you save on your monthly bills in the long run. Modern units consume less electricity than older models so your utility bill will not be as high as it would have been if you had installed an older model.
The hot summer is just around the corner and it's time to start thinking about your air conditioning system. Here are the top reasons that you may need to replace your air conditioning system.
Reasons Why Your Air Conditioning System May Need Replacing:
• Energy efficiency
• Local government standards may require new units for current building codes or zoning regulations
• Age of your unit (most units should last 12-15 years)
• Materials used in the construction of your unit may need replacing due to deterioration over time (copper coil, refrigerant)
• Quality of workmanship detereated
5 Things to Consider Before Getting an Air Conditioning Replacement:
• Budget Considerations
• Replacement Options
• Window or Ductless?
• What Size is Your Home?
• The Climate in Your Area and the Season of Installation
• Replacing Unit or Repairing Old Unit?